On episode 005 of The Modern-Day Superhero Show, I sat down Dr. Robert Linde (aka Bob). Dr Linde is an acupuncture physician and registered herbalist operating a thriving practice called Acupuncture & Herbal Therapies in St. Petersburg, Florida. He has been in practice for 20 years. Dr. Linde also directs the Professional Herbalists Training Program where he teaches aspiring herbalists how to safely and effectively diagnose disease based upon the principles of Oriental Medicine, as well as how to use Oriental herbs to treat illness. Further, he often travels throughout the United States and abroad to teach. Additionally, Dr. Linde serves on the board of the Florida State Oriental Medicine Association (FSOMA).
Bob is an incredibly interesting fellow; before serving as a primary care doctor, he held positions as a Desert Storm infantryman, GreenPeace worker, wilderness youth counselor, commercial diver, fisherman, and even as a treasure hunter.
This episode is jam-packed with useful information in regard to Oriental Medicine, herbal medicine, maintaining and sustaining health, as well as overcoming challenges in life and finding a deep sense of purpose. Dr. Linde is incredibly insightful, holds great wisdom, and speaks in an eloquent manner. It was a pleasure to interview him, and I’m sure you all will benefit greatly from this moving episode.
- How Dr. Atkins, wild strawberries, and pirate treasure inspired Dr. Linde to study Oriental Medicine
- Dr. Linde discusses his herb school and how he trains herbalists to be excellent diagnosticians
- How allopathic medicine and Chinese medicine can be used together to provide patients with the most effective treatment options
- Understanding genetics to determine the proper use of herbal medicines
- Why Dr. Linde studies two to four hours a day despite having twenty years of experience as a primary care doctor
- Why Dr. Linde often prescribes his patients to go for a walk and smell three flowers
- How to cope with patients who don’t take advice or when suggested treatments fail
- Using acupuncture and herbs to help patients who are lacking motivation and that are having difficulty making decisions
- The importance of being intentional
- Cultivating a morning routine and its importance in sustaining health
- The benefits of volunteer work
- Questions to ask yourself when trying to discover your life’s purpose
How to Contact Dr. Linde:
- Acupuncture & Herbal Therapies Website: acuherbals.com
- Phone Number: 727-551-0857
- Professional Herbalists Training Program website: http://www.traditionsherbschool.com
- Phone Number: 727-318-2505
- Chinese herb program starts every November; Western herb program has constant rotation; open to all!
- Contact: Bob@acuherbals.com
- Facebook: Bob Linde
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
Also, reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and very much appreciated! If you loved the show, drop me a line there with your URL so I can contact and thank you later on!
Did you enjoy this post? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought! Also, if you are feeling really inspired and would like to help me cover the cost of producing this site for as little as $1/month, check out my sponsorship page. Thanks so much and have a great day!