“My intention is to provide young adults with simple tools and guidance for looking within themselves and discovering who they are, what their purpose on this Earth is, and how to start making strides to stepping into this purpose-filled role, utilizing their own special gifts and talents to best serve their communities and humanity.”
Hey everyone! I’d like to utilize this opportunity to share what I’ve learned in the 6 weeks “The Modern-Day Superhero Show” has been published along with how I plan to move forward with the podcast and site. First though, THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT! I couldn’t, and wouldn’t produce this site if no one was following. I’ve gotten wonderful feedback thus far, and its been really inspirational in moving forward. The show is at about 3300 downloads currently, and that is a great start! Oh, and I’d like to personally thank JABARI LEE for being the first patron of the show.
- The podcast still has the same purpose, which is to highlight “modern-day superheroes,” individuals living their life’s purpose and affecting profound positive change in their communities. They discuss their purpose, how they discovered it, and give actionable tools to help others in discovering their life’s purpose.
- I will now produce content specific to the young adult population. The intention is to provide young adults with simple tools and guidance for looking within themselves and discovering who they are, what their purpose on this Earth is, and how to start making strides to stepping into this purpose-filled role, utilizing their own special gifts and talents to best serve their communities and humanity. Previously, I did not have this in mind when producing the show and site, but this is the intention moving forward.
- I am now focusing on interviewing guests with large online audiences. The intention behind this is making the show financially sustainable. I am “niching” the show and utilizing the help of popular guests to spread the word. This will eventually allow me to attain sponsorships for the show and cover the costs of its production and expansion.
- My main personal goal in producing this site is to have fun and to utilize it as a medium for personal growth and to share my journey. I am a genuinely interested student who is passionate about learning the truths of the universe, and this site and corresponding podcast is a direct reflection of that. Because I am a young adult on a journey to discover and actualize his life’s purpose, and because in my job I serve a population of young adults struggling with substance abuse disorders and corresponding challenges such as self-doubt, depression, hopelessness, etc… it only made sense to produce content that was in-line with my everyday reality.
- This is the plan moving forward. I will also be writing a short guide which highlights the essential components of leading a healthy lifestyle, covering topics such as food, meditation, movement, exercise, healing, optimizing environment, and so forth. I will also write more specific guides on topics such as optimizing diet. There are no set release dates as of yet, just a vague idea. :-). Hey, this podcast was once a vague idea too… haha!
- I learned, that for now, producing 1 podcast per week and 1-2 blog articles per week is what I can manage while still enjoying producing the site. Once I produce some income and can hire others to help me, production of instructional videos, perhaps one more podcast episode a week, and further content will be produced. But, I still have not covered the cost of producing the show and work full-time as a wilderness guide, so this must remain so for likely 1 more year.
- In a year’s time, it is my goal to make about 3,000/month from the production of the podcast and website. That requires about 10,000 downloads per show, and two sponsors per podcast, at 1 episode per week. Wish me luck! And, if you like the show, you can help me get there as well, like Jabari did, with a direct donation.
- Thanks again!
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
Also, reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and very much appreciated! If you loved the show, drop me a line there with your URL so I can contact and thank you later on!
Did you enjoy this post? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought! Also, if you are feeling really inspired and would like to help me cover the cost of producing this site for as little as $1/month, check out my sponsorship page. Thanks so much and have a great day!